Palliative Care Training Workshops
Give your staff the specialist skills to deliver high quality palliative care.
Aged Care Planning specialise in providing high quality training for aged care staff and importantly, volunteers, in the very complex and specific area of delivering excellence in palliative care.
Training Workshops for care workers or volunteers can be delivered over 3 hrs or up to a full day covering topics such as :
- Introduction to palliative care
- The philosophy, objectives and standards of palliative care
- Illnesses, symptoms and treatments associated with palliative care
- Symptom identification/reporting and provision of comfort care
- Common types of terminal illnesses and their pathways
- Common treatments available
- Knowledge of staff’s role as death approaches and immediately after
- The nature of spirituality and religious needs within palliative care
- Diversity and the influence of resident’s culture, values and beliefs on care provision
Aged Care Services
We understand time is precious.
Use the form below to send us a quick enquiry. We're here to help.
What Our Clients Say
Thank you for your lovely letter. Mum is settling in and the staff at Holly are really lovely, caring people. I am already feeling relieved of the constant worry I had when mum was living alone. The smartest thing I ever did was to engage your services to arrange a placement. Thank you so much for all your kindness and understanding and delivering a good result so quickly.
James and I wanted to send a little note of huge thanks for not only the brilliant end result that you have arranged for Gerald, but more so for the comforting, counselling, understanding, time and support you have given our family.
Thank you so much for all your help, we couldn't have done it without you. We are very happy with St Louis, the care is wonderful. I am back from my trip to the US, much rested and ready for the path ahead.
“I found your understanding gave us the strength we needed, especially during the last few days when things became really tough. You have a gift of wisdom and a wonderful sense of humour and we are very fortunate to have had your guidance.”
We are truly grateful to you for all your help with mum. I know this would not have been possible without your assistance. It is certainly a distressing time but you have made it very much easier for all of us and we all thank you.